Saturday, December 12, 2009

--

Got back in S'pore at like 1 in the morning, won't really wax about the trip though it was quite awesome. Not much of wildlife but the cities and stuff. I thought it'd be really hot in australia but I froze at some points and didn't sweat at all. I considered the 8hour flight back home part of the holiday as well cuz we somehow got upgraded to business class on SIA cuz of my dad, very wow. Yeah the folks love being economical so I've never sat on business class ever in SIA and it was great, finally being able to rest properly without having my head on someone's lap. The headsets block out so much sound, the screens are bigger. The toilet has more space too. See how funny this is, I go on a holiday and I go on and on about the damn plane.

Anyway, I'm going to go on about the taxi driver now. I felt pretty shit cuz the driver was so shocked we went to australia, a really crazy incredibly exotic far out place in his mind. Said he'd never been out of the country at all, and he's gonna be driving this taxi till 6 in the morning. Then my dad started talking about the economy, I seriously don't know how that helps. A really facepalm moment. That really got the driver pretty depressed about things and he went on about how everyday you get closer to a heart attack, not being able to sleep well, worrying about the money. How people with money celebrate CNY happily while people like him are dropping tears, it was a really depressing conversation to hear. My dad couldn't shoot the crap anymore. It was quite sad. For a second I was afraid he'd [the driver] get so revved up and just give up and do something silly. Though it's really nothing much compared to those giant homes out there, I think dropping us off at our place got him even sadder. What to do.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]